Ad-link header

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Easy Carrot Halwa (Gajjar Ka Halwa)




                This is really a wonderful sweet dish specially for those who luv carrots..I made this when my husbands friends came around..
i don't make it in the traditional way..since it takes time..i use a pressure cooker..
So this recipe is for those lazy ones out there like me.....


Ingredients 

1.Carrot-3 cups(grated)(mostly 6 carrots needed)
2.Sugar-3/4 cup(depending on the sweetness of carrot, do reduce)
3.Milk-1n1/2 cup
4.Ghee-3 tbsp
5-Cashew Nuts+Pistas+Almonds(Handful)(can miss any if u don't have..only cashew nuts would work)
(cut these into small pieces-more easy to eat..)

6. Cardomom(elakka) powder-1/2 tsp

In a pressure cooker..

~Take 1 tbsp ghee & roast nuts(almonds/pistas) & keep aside.
~Then add 1 tbsp ghee & roast the grated carrots for 1 min.
~Add milk & sugar.
~Close the pressure cooker & wait till 1 whistle.
~Off the flame & open suddenly by pouring water on top.
~Then cook till it becomes paste(halwa style)
~Add all the roasted nuts & rest ghee & cardomom powder..


Gajar ka halwa is ready..i hope u guys will definitely try it..
serves 8 i think..


Linking to  : Pari's Show me your Dessert


 Linking to : Sameena's Milk sweet recipes


Linking to : Preethi's Let's Party- Fest Celebrations- Diwali & Surabhi's My Cookbook.

Linking to : Vardhini's Diwali Bash  


Linking to : Nayana's Celebrate Navratri/Diwali & Jagruthi's Page

 

3 comments:

  1. Hellο Deаr, are you genuinely νіsiting this
    web site regularly, if so afterwaгԁ you will defіnitely take good
    know-hoω.

    My blog Presentation Delivery

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to come by educated people on this subject, however, you sound like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    Also visit my weblog - Madfox.Dk

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is definately a great deаl to know about this topic.
    I like all the ρoints you have made.

    Αlsо vіѕit mу website .
    .. nagelpilz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts

Thanks


A big thanks for your valuable time reading my blog post...Your comments and feedback is very valuable to me & I would feel more happier.... Please feel free to leave your comments & suggetions for this post... Thanks a loot...
Try out my easy recipe & post its beautiful pic in my facebook page..
https://www.facebook.com/SajusTaste
or you can mail it to me..
~ SAJINA BISHAR