Ad-link header

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nutty Dates Payasam / Nutty Khajur Kheer


                 Ohh my !! The easiest & tastiest Payasam I have ever prepared...It just took minutes...So easyy...Im sure many of you would definitely give this a try soon...Make atleast half the quantity I have mentioned below..Ssooo creamyy, chewyy, nutty & all the more healthy... Nuts, Badam & Dates...The best combo ever...I didnt want to chew the dates in-between...so i made a paste out of it...I think the flavor just increased...Ahh.... My kid was actually licking the whole bowl...Slurpp !!!

               Sorry for being late in posting this recipe..HAPPY ONAM to all my readers...Actually its belated Onam wishes...My kid drizzled water over my lap top & had to wait long to get it repaired...My hubby is not yet free from the shock of the incident cost..Thanks to him that atleast now I could share this easy recipe with you... Hope all enjoyed a very joyous, fun filled and yummy onam...Do check out my Dates Delight in which I have given more info about the use of Dates..


                

Ingredients

1. Dates - 20 (pitted & chopped)
2. Almond Paste - 1 tbsp (soak 3-4 almonds in water,peel the skin & grind to smooth paste with little water)
3. Almonds - 10 (chopped)
4. Rava /Semolina /Sooji - 1 tbsp
5. Jaggery - 3-4 tbsp (grated)[according to sweetness of dates]
6. Milk/Coconut milk - 4 cups
7. Cardamom powder - 2 tsp
8. Water - 1 cup
9. Ghee - 1 tbsp (unmelted)
10. Cashew nuts - 10-12 (halved)

11. Condensed milk - 1 -2 tbsp (optional)
12. Salt -  a pinch


Preparation

~ Heat ghee in a non-stick cookware.
~Saute nuts in it till light golden brown & remove it from ghee & keep it aside.
~Add the chopped dates to the ghee & saute for 1 min.
~Pour the water & cook the dates till mushy (close the lid & cook. Stir occasionally)[make sure the water does not dry up]

~Press the dates with your long spoon to make them mushy.
~Now add 2 cups of milk, almond paste, rava, jaggery  & let it boil.
~Now reduce the flame & add the rest of the milk & allow it to boil again.
~Check the sweetness & adjust with jaggery/condensed milk & add salt.
~After it has boiled, reduce the flame & cook for 2 mts & add your sauteed nuts to it & mix well...your lovely payasam is ready.
~As almond paste & rava is added the payasam will become thicker by time so don't cook for long.
~Can add 2 or 3 chopped dates also at the end.




Linking to : Nayna's Let's Cook with Coconut


Linking to : Valli's Kid's Delight 
Linking t o : Amrita's Party with Giveaways

5 comments:

  1. wow... this looks wonderful... i'm sure it much have been really yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicious and inviting payasam. Plz link it in announcement page and add event logo. Thanks for linking this event.

    Cuisine Delights
    "My Monthly Event - Spotlight: Festive Treats "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Kheer, thankyou for sending it to lets cook with coconut event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking it to my event...please put about the event in blog side bar and also follow the other rules (FB, GFC, Twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow thats an very very healthy and delicious payasam dear :) looks super creamy and makes me drool here !! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts

Thanks


A big thanks for your valuable time reading my blog post...Your comments and feedback is very valuable to me & I would feel more happier.... Please feel free to leave your comments & suggetions for this post... Thanks a loot...
Try out my easy recipe & post its beautiful pic in my facebook page..
https://www.facebook.com/SajusTaste
or you can mail it to me..
~ SAJINA BISHAR