Ad-link header

Monday, April 22, 2013

Fresh Plums in a Cake !! (Plum Cake)


          This is a quick and easy recipe for a cake which makes a good use of fresh fruits like plums/ grapes/ peaches/ apples/pineapples/mangoes or it can be made with canned fruit too..I have used plums here...I made the second time plums along with black grapes...It just melts in your mouth..So easy as there is no pureeing of the fruit...Just prepare the cake batter & press the cut fruits on top of it...The cake top is then garnished with cinnamon , sugar & butter which just lightens up the whole house with its aroma..... 


              This is not a plum cake...which we usually have at Christmas...Here we have plums infused a cake...which just soaks its juice through the soft & spongy cake....Yes !!! It meltss.........A Tasty Treat !!!




Ingredients

1.All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 1/2 cup
2.Baking powder - 2 tsp
3.Salt - 1/2 tsp
4.Sugar - 3/4 cup
5.Egg - 1
6.Oil - 1/4 cup
7.Milk - 1/2 cup

Ingredients (on cake top)

8.Plums - 2
9.Sugar-1 tsp
10.Cinnamon powder-1 tsp
11.Butter (melted) - 2 tbsp

Preparation

~Powder the sugar measured.
~Mix all the dry ingredients together (maida, baking powder, salt, sugar)
~Beat all the wet ingredients together in another bowl (egg, oil, milk)
~Now incorporate both well.
~Pour the cake into the greased cake pan. (Need not be a bundt pan..It would be better if you use a pan in which you can loosen the bottom)
~Powder the 1 tsp sugar & mix with cinnamon powder.
~Slice the plums & remove the seeds (Should be thick slices...5 pieces per plum)
~Now place the plums on top of the cake batter, pressing them a little bit with your fingers.


~Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar powder on top of the batter.
~Also sprinkle the butter too..


~Bake for 40-45 mts at 375 F in an oven .
~Or Bake in a pressure cooker in low flame for 40-45 mts.




27 comments:

  1. Definitely a must try.. Thanks for sharing Sajina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes dear.it was really tempting here alsoo.

      Delete
  3. Looks beautiful and inviting...yummm.

    I moved my blog to a new doamin: http://www.kitchentantras.com

    Please feel free to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy,mouth watering too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so delicious and tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a similar cake with apricots..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woww...Apricots is a gud choice...I didnt think of adding dat...Will surely try it next tym..:)

      Delete
  7. Gosh!! I am loving it. Everything came together for a perfect finishing. Maybe I will go for pineapples and I am sure it will turn out the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pineapples...GR8...do send me the pic when u prepare dem..

      Delete
  8. Mouthwatering cake :)
    Happy to follow you back Dear !!
    Shruti Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi First time here,

    Plum cake looks soooooo delicious..

    Please Do visit my blog.
    www.mysrilankanrecipe.com

    ReplyDelete

  10. Wow so lovely..Loved the clicks. Thank you so much for your entry linked in my blog.I want you to follow the rules and get eligible for the giveaway otherwise it will not qualify for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts

Thanks


A big thanks for your valuable time reading my blog post...Your comments and feedback is very valuable to me & I would feel more happier.... Please feel free to leave your comments & suggetions for this post... Thanks a loot...
Try out my easy recipe & post its beautiful pic in my facebook page..
https://www.facebook.com/SajusTaste
or you can mail it to me..
~ SAJINA BISHAR